Whether you’re tearing through lumber, cutting curves into plywood, or even slicing up sheet metal, you need a jigsaw. The Ryobi P5231 jigsaw, in fact. This is one of the toughest cordless tools in Ryobi’s 18V lineup. It has a powerful orbiting motor than can work up to 3,000 strokes per minute, adjustable with a switch at the top of the unit. It’s accessible even if you have a finger on the trigger. These are the kinds of smart designs implemented on the unit. Another convenient feature is the trigger lock system, which lets you focus all of your energy on controlling the unit without having to press the trigger. There are also graphics printed that let you see what the four speed settings are ideal for. You’ll notice that the highest speeds are ideal for straight cuts through lumber and the lower speeds are meant for spiral cuts through sheet metal or thin plywood. You’ll be able to experiment with different speeds soon after purchasing this unit. A woodcutting blade is included to make sure of that. If you want to purchase separate blades, you can rest assured that this will accommodate most T-shaped blades, though it is not compatible with U shaped blades. Speaking of compatibility, this tool is part of the Ryobi One+ lineup. That means that Ryobi 18V batteries will work with this. These include the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108. Those are both lithium ion and NiCad. If it’s 18V, it will work. This jigsaw boasts power equivalent to corded saws from competing brands. With that kind of power and all of these convenient features found in Ryobi’s typical intelligent design, you’re sure to be satisfied with the latest and greatest in their jigsaw technology. Get Ryobi and do you work right.
- 4 ORBITAL SETTINGS: The higher the setting, the faster you can cut into wood. These higher settings are ideal for making straight cuts into lumber, with lower settings for making curves or cutting into metal
- BUILT-IN DUST BLOWER: This feature on the tool will help you clear debris away from your work, giving you clear vision
- LED LIGHTING gives you improved line-of-sight in poorly lit conditions
- BLADE SAVING BASE: If your jigsaw blade is wearing out, you can drop the base of the tool to let you utilize the unused blades on your tool, improving the longevity of your accessories
- TRIGGER LOCK SYSTEM: Pull the trigger and press the button on the side of the unit. With this feature, you can focus all of your energy on controlling your cuts the way you want to