Style:High-Visibility Heavy Duty | Size:5"
The Yost Vises 905-HV 5" high-visibility all-steel utility combination pipe and bench vise with 360-degree swivel base mounts to a workbench to provide light-duty clamping action. The 360-degree swivel base adjusts the direction of the jaws for proper placement. Hand-tightening the two lock knobs on the base secures its position. The cast steel body has been painted with safety-yellow paint for visibility and has a flat portion that acts as a reinforced anvil and additional work surface. Both the top jaws and pipe jaws are grooved for enhanced grip. The top jaws are made of hardened steel and can be replaced when worn, and the pipe jaws are cast in place. The jaws draw closer together or farther apart by turning the vise handle clockwise or counterclockwise.
The main screw that controls the jaws has been continuous rolled for high strength and is covered by a bar to protect it from damage. A rubber washer on either side of the handle prevents unwanted sliding when turning, and the balls on each end unscrew to enable replacement of the handle if worn. The base has three 0.56"-diameter holes for mounting hardware (not included).
|Jaw width (nominal)||5"|
|Jaw opening (nominal)||5"|
|Throat depth (nominal)||2-5/8"|
|Pipe capacity||1/2" to 1-1/2"|
|Overall dimensions*||5.5 x 6 x 15 in. (H x W x D)|
*H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Vises use the clamping action of jaws to hold a workpiece in place for applications such as drilling and sawing. Vise styles are categorized by how the device is mounted. For example, bench vises mount to a benchtop; drill press vises bolt to a drill press; and woodworking vises fit underneath, on top, or to the side of a workbench. A vise's jaw opening and throat depth should be large enough for the workpiece.
Yost Vises manufactures a wide range of vises, including bench-mount, woodworking, and drill-press styles. The company, founded in 1908, is headquartered in Holland, MI.
- Bench-mount vise with 5" nominal top jaw width and 1/2"- to 1-1/2"-diameter pipe capacity provides clamping action for light-duty applications
- 360-degree swivel base adjusts the direction of the jaws for proper placement and locks in place
- Yellow-painted cast steel body is highly visible for safety and has a flat portion that acts as a reinforced anvil and an additional work surface
- Replaceable top jaws and built-in pipe jaws are grooved for enhanced grip
- Main screw that controls the jaws is covered by a bar to protect it from damage